Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summertime!

My curfew was lightning bugs. My parents didn't call my cell, they yelled my name. I played outside with friends, not online. If I didn't eat what mom cooked, then I didn't eat. Sanitizer didn't exist, but you COULD get your mouth washed out with soap. I road a bike without a helmet. Getting dirty was ok, and neighbors cared as much as your parents did. Re-post if you drank from a garden hose and survived!!!
When I saw this posted on facebook,  I remembered the simpler times of the summer season growing up and had to re-post it.
It's summertime once again and the 4th of July is right around the corner. Fireworks.. picnics... backyard BBQ cookouts, ball games, fishing trips, camping, etc.
 You cannot beat summer and the best thing is it is just getting started.
Here is hoping everyone enjoys themselves and takes the time enjoy the season this year. Read a good book, doing some basic yard work like gardening or whatever.
Get out there and enjoy folks!


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment