With training camps opening up around the National Football League this coming week, here's a look at the Heftyinfo ranking of the top ten quarterbacks in pro football.
1. Peyton Manning (Denver Broncos) - Even though his team did not win the Super Bowl last season, what more can be said about the record shattering season this guy had in 2013?
2. Drew Brees (New Orleans Saints) - People keep waiting for the proverbial "bust season" to happen but it never seems to with Brees. Like Peyton Manning, he seems to get better with age.
3. Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) - He was hurt for a good portion of the 2013 season, but still managed to win in final regular season game to get the Packers into playoffs last year.
4. Tom Brady (New England Patriots) - See above comments on Drew Brees ... the same applies with Brady.
5. Philip Rivers (San Diego Chargers) - Slump? Not so fast as Rivers came through big time last season, including a road playoff win and was one of just four QBs to top the mighty Denver Broncos, which was also accomplished on the road.
6. Cam Newton (Carolina Panthers) - Coming off a big season in which he led the Panthers back to the playoffs ... but Newton will be tested this year after losing several key receivers to free agency.
7. Matt Ryan (Atlanta Falcons) - Don't write this guy off just yet even though the Falcons dropped big time last year. "Matty Ice" is still a QB who can deliver given he has the talent on the field to go along with his own. Several key players were injured last year, so look for Ryan to bounce back big time in 2014.
8. Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks) - How do you not put the QB for the defending Super Bowl champions in here? Wilson can do it all and will hurt opposing defenses with his arm and his legs during games, not to mention the two playoff appearances (including a Super Bowl ring) in his first two NFL seasons.
9. Colin Kaepernick (San Francisco 49ers) - This guy is a winner and has shown the ability to get things done since taking over the starting spot two years ago.
10. (tie) Nick Foles (Philadelphia Eagles) - This is a QB who appears to be on the rise after a huge (and surprising) season last year in Head Coach Chip Kelly's high octane offense.
10. (tie) Andrew Luck (Indianapolis Colts) - Third year QB improved last season, including a win against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. Looking to take the Colts further in the post-season this year.