Sunday, June 28, 2009

Margaret's health care story


Margaret's health care story

Dear Mr. President,



The main reason I decided to remain in Germany after serving and completing my enlistment in the USAF was the excellent health care system here. Sad and pitiful, isn't it...that I would CHOOSE to stay in a foreign country and obtain a German residency/working permit rather than return to my own country because of the lack of health care services and astronomical costs of medical insurance. I have a son who is diagnosed with hydrocephalus, CP, and has various physical and mental disabilities... so for me, this decision was a no-brainer.



PLEASE PLEASE fix the US health care system! While the German social health care system is far from perfect, it is ten-fold better than the current US model. I would love to return home to the US one day and not have to worry about whether or not I can afford medical coverage for my child. Until that happens though, I will remain here in Germany.


Shared via AddThis

No comments:

Post a Comment